WVUA 23 is seeking interns to help boost our social media.
We are looking for students who like to write AP Style and have a passion for storytelling to write for the WVUA 23 web page as well as posting on Facebook and Twitter.
Television news is 24-hours-a-day information and WVUA wants you to be a part of it.
If you have taken JN311 and are interested, apply for a position with our social media team.
Log onto www.WVUA23.com, go to the About WVUA 23 tab and click on internship on right side of the page.
When you apply be sure to specify you are looking for the social media internship.
Shelby County Newspapers, Inc., a media company that publishes award-winning newspapers, magazines and websites in Alabama’s most prosperous and fastest-growing county, is seeking two general assignment reporters.
This position includes general assignment reporting, feature writing and some photography. Quality of life here is as good as it gets and opportunity for advancement—with our company and others— is nearly limitless.
This full-time opportunity offers competitive salary and benefits. Compensation plan includes base weekly salary, health/dental insurance, 401(k), paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, paid holidays and paid sick leave.
Our products include:
- The Shelby County Reporter, a weekly newspaper with a daily online focus. The Reporter has won the Alabama Press Association’s top editorial award in its category for the last 10 years.
- The Alabaster Reporter, Pelham Reporter, Helena Reporter and 280 Reporter, weekly newspapers with a daily online focus.
- Shelby Living and Hoover’s Magazine, award-winning, monthly lifestyle magazines.
- Solid writing, researching and interviewing skills
- Fluency in AP style and strict adherence to grammar rules
- Valid driver’s license, car insurance, and a vehicle
- Impeccable time management and organization
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field preferred
- Competency in photography and social media preferred
To apply: Email résumé and writing samples to Managing Editor Neal Wagner at Neal.email@example.com.
Tuscaloosa News Internship Checklist
Below is a checklist of items students must submit in order to apply for a Journalism & Creative Media Department coordinated internship at The Tuscaloosa News. Students must have a 2.5 grade point average overall, have completed JN 311 (JCM303) News Writing and Reporting with a qualifying grade and have completed 45 hours of college work before taking this course. A student should be a major or minor in the Department of Journalism & Creative Media. Continue reading Applications now open for SUMMER & FALL 2017 Tuscaloosa News Internships
The Beale Street Bears (the Memphis Grizzlies affiliate website on FanSided Network is currently looking for writers.
Some of the requirements/perks are:
–2 posts per week (plus a weekly site roundtable).
–Cover games through the site’s Twitter account
–Media credential opportunities through games, press conferences, practices, etc.
–Fan of the Memphis Grizzlies or NBA basketball. It’s a must for writers to be fans to create a fun atmosphere for both the contributors and the readers.
A non-paying position, but it could still open many doors.
Interested students can contact firstname.lastname@example.org