The Direct Action and Research Training Center will hold an online info session on Wednesday, October 28 at 5 pm Central to discuss careers in community organizing. All UA students and alumni welcome, particularly those graduating this year.
Sign up at www.thedartcenter.org/info
DART trains professional organizers and community organizations to work for social, economic and racial justice, including:
* Holding police departments accountable
* Shutting down the school-to-prison pipeline
* Reining in predatory lenders
* Expanding access to primary health and dental care
* Prioritizing funding for affordable housing and job training
* Fighting for immigrants’ rights
Positions start January 11, 2021 and August 9, 2021 in:
Florida: St. Petersburg, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Lakeland, Tampa, Sarasota, Fort Myers, West Palm Beach
Kansas: Topeka, Wyandotte County and Johnson County
Starting salary $40,000/year + benefits.
DART organizations are diverse coalitions including many low- and moderate-income, minority and immigrant communities. We strongly encourage people from these backgrounds, as well as fluent Spanish speakers and DACA recipients, to apply.