Shelby County Newspapers, Inc., a media company that publishes award-winning newspapers, magazines and websites in Alabama’s most prosperous and fastest-growing county, is seeking two general assignment reporters.
This position includes general assignment reporting, feature writing and some photography. Quality of life here is as good as it gets and opportunity for advancement—with our company and others— is nearly limitless.
This full-time opportunity offers competitive salary and benefits. Compensation plan includes base weekly salary, health/dental insurance, 401(k), paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, paid holidays and paid sick leave.
Our products include:
- The Shelby County Reporter, a weekly newspaper with a daily online focus. The Reporter has won the Alabama Press Association’s top editorial award in its category for the last 10 years.
- The Alabaster Reporter, Pelham Reporter, Helena Reporter and 280 Reporter, weekly newspapers with a daily online focus.
- Shelby Living and Hoover’s Magazine, award-winning, monthly lifestyle magazines.
- Solid writing, researching and interviewing skills
- Fluency in AP style and strict adherence to grammar rules
- Valid driver’s license, car insurance, and a vehicle
- Impeccable time management and organization
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field preferred
- Competency in photography and social media preferred
To apply: Email résumé and writing samples to Managing Editor Neal Wagner at Neal.firstname.lastname@example.org.